The First People’s Hospital of Changzhou (also The Third Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University) was established in 1918. It has been built to a 3A general hospital with a wide range of departments, strong medical expertise, advanced medical facilities, and high academic level.
The hospital has 54 clinical and technical departments, which includes 14 provincial key clinical specialities. The hospital has 2,184 beds, with the annual number of outpatient and emergency visits more than 2.30 million, the annual number of discharges is 95,150, and the annual number of surgery is 44,281.
The hospital insists on the principle of, “research and education develops the hospital”. The hospital now has 15 teaching sections, 10 Ph.D. students training centres, 23 Masters training centres, 10 Ph.D. supervisors, and 104 Master tutors. Our hospital was acknowledged a qualified hospital for clinical trial of drugs and senior stroke centre of National Health and Family Planning Commission. We were listed on the first group of National Residents Standardized Training Centre, National General Practitioner Standardized Training Hospital, Project of Jiangsu Engineering Research Centre, and Centre of Translational Medicine of Jiangsu Province.
The hospital takes an active part in international exchanges and has established close scientific and academic exchanges with the U.S., the UK, Sweden, Japan, France, Germany, and Canada.
Our hospital has won the prizes of “National Excellent Front-Line Organization of CCP” , “National Civilized Unit” & etc..