· Full training and experience in clinical Cardiology.
· Full training and experience in Coronary Care Unit.
· Full training and experience in echocardiography (both transthoracic and 2D – 3D transoesophageal). Performance of more than 400 transoesophageal echocardiograms per year ( including intraoperative procedures ).
· Experience in permanent pacing (>1500 procedures)
· More than 18.000 Cardiac Catheterization procedures (first operator – femoral and radial approach).
· More than 7000 PTCAs (first operator), involving all forms of invasive procedures (stents, rotablator, IVUS, FFR).
· Special interest in Rotablation (> 400 procedures)
· Experience in structural heart disease (> 250 ASD/PFO closures as first operator)
· TAVI program started September 2012
· Experience in paravalvular leak closure
MEMBER OF MEDICAL SOCIETIES
· Hellenic Cardiac Society.
· Cardiac Society of Northern Greece.
· British Society of Echocardiography (since November 1993).
· British Cardiac Interventional Society (since February 1998).
· President of the Working Group for Valvular Diseases of the Greek Cardiac Society 2006-2008
· European Society of Cardiology (since 2005)